I am glad to say that I have been nominated for a Liebster Award by fellow blogger Linda at Draw My Map. Thank you for the nomination. I do apologize that it has taken me so long to post but better late than never! So here goes.
Remember to check out below to see which 11 bloggers I nominate!
My answer’s to Draw My Map’s questions:
- Describe your blog in 5 words
About me and the world.
- What would your ideal weekend look like?
A quick getaway to a new destination or a re-visit a favourite. If I have to stay in town then I would like to go to yoga, go out with friends for an evening and then relax at home on Sunday with some cooking.
- Which has been your favourite destination so far?
Oh that’s a tough one. By far my favourite country is Ireland. The people are so friendly and likable and the landscape is stunning. It’s a unique shade of green. However, for cities I would say my favourite is Paris with Istanbul and Belgrade close behind. Oh but India was amazing too. And Budapest. And Prague…and… and…
- Would you rather go skiing or lie on a beach?
I hate snow so I’d pick the beach but checking out a city would usurp the beach.
- What made you want to start a blog?
To share and write about my travel plans and to keep me focused on reaching my goal of extended travel. I was also encouraged to start one from a few people. The power of suggestion!
- Is there anywhere you have been that you would never visit again? Yes. I never want to go to Athens, Greece again. It’s chaotic, in disrepair, smoggy and uncouth.
- Name the top three destinations on your travel wish list.
1. Re-visit Ireland + add Scotland
2. Easter Island (Chile)
3. Vietnam & re-visiting India (tie)
Though these tend to change often – LOL
- In which country have you met the friendliest locals so far? Ireland by far.
- City or small town? I’m a city girl, well, medium-sized city.
- Do you like to spend time in nature? Some. I love trees and being around them, going for walks and enjoying fresh air. I want to start hiking. I’ve never gone camping and don’t really have a desire to do so.
- Do like to have everything organised, booked and planned before you leave for your trip or do you like to wing it and see where the wind takes you? About 70% organized and 30% winging it. I like to know where I’m gonna go and what I want to see but also leave some room for spontaneous events.
How the Liebster Award nominations work:
- each nominee must link back the person who nominated them
- answer the 11 questions
- nominate 11 other bloggers for this award who have less than 500 followers
- create 11 questions for your nominees to answer
- you can’t nominate the one who tagged you
- let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them
My nominations for The Liebster Award are as follows:
- Wandering Dragon
- Love The Fold
- Robin T Photo
- Going Around The World
- World Travellerz
- Vegucated in Vancouver
- Mexico: Live it, Love it
- Where is Noodles?
My questions for the nominees are:
- If you could visit one destination in the world, where would it be?
- Which book is your favourite and why?
- Can you speak another language(s) and if so, which one(s)?
- What is the most bizarre food you’ve eaten?
- Would you travel solo?
- What are your 3 essentials you take with you when travelling?
- Do you prefer sweet or savory foods?
- Is your preference beers, wines or cocktails?
- How did you start blogging?
- How many languages can you say “thank you” in?
- Where have you experienced the most extreme culture shock?